Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Life As An Elf Volume 2: My Early Childhood

The beginning of my life was almost like a fairy tale. I was loved and adored, given everything a young elf could ever want, and taught the ways of everything I would ever need to know.

Fifty years ago in the quiet of the forest on a cool spring night I was born to Arbellason and Galasriniel. The labor was a hard one and it left my mother weak and dying. My father sat with her for three days and nights after my birth until she had no fight left and passed away calmly in her sleep. My father was devastated and stayed locked inside his room for a month after her death. Despite his depression he made sure I was well taken care of and provided for.

I was born a very bright and beautiful child. My violet eyes glowing with the life and spirit that was behind them, my hair the color of the earth my people lived off, my skin was a dark tan that let me blend in to my environment. I grew rapidly soaking in any and all information that was presented before me. By the time I was five my father had taught me several languages, from the ancient language of my people to the infant language of men. Every night he read me stories of his adventures among the creatures of the world and taught me the songs native to their lands.

My room was decorated with many flowers and silk sheer curtains that let in the cool breeze in the night and the warm rays of sunlight during the day. The walls were the bark of the tree that me and my father called home and the windows were framed in the decorative carvings that graced the halls of the royal palace of the wood elves. Aside from my teachings my father provided I was schooled in the ways of the royal family. As my mother's only child and her being her parents only child I was destined to become the ruler of my people when my grand parents returned to the earth.

By the time I was eight years old I would slip out my window late at night and wander through the forest exploring the sounds that surrounded me. I did this every night for two years until my wanderings brought me to the ruins of an Nymph colony. There was no one anywhere to be seen and the forest was slowly reclaiming the land. I wandered around the homes and trees until i came to the edge of the woods where the trees had been thinned out and through them you could see the large walls of a palace and it's inhabitants scurrying around the edges. As I stood a soldier from the top of the wall spotted me and shot an arrow towards me. I dodged and ran as quickly as I could back to my home. I informed my grandmother and grandfather of what I had seen, but they simply brushed it off without a second thought. That would be the beginning of my people's downfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment